
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do a radio show last week. However, I was very glad to get back into the studio this week and do a show. On Wednesday (April 4th), I was able to do a show. I got into the studio about 5:15 and started preparing my music and making sure everything would go well. I started the show at 5:30 with a newer group called Rush Of Fools. I continued with Audio Adrenaline, ZoeGirl, and Third Day. I mentioned how next week was the Fusion Youth Conference and played a song from Sevenglory and a new song from Seventh Day Slumber. I love to play new music and talk about concerts that I went to. Last week, I had the opportunity to go to Cedarville University to see Shawn Mcdonald and Shane & Shane in concert. Towards the end of the first hour I played "Gravity" by Shawn Mcdonald and "I Miss You" by Shane & Shane. I began the second half of the show at 6:30 p.m. Since this past week has been Holy Week, I read scripture surrounding Jesus' death and Resurrection. Then, I played two songs (from iTunes "7 Essential Songs for Easter") concerning Christ's sacrifice and His how we should praise Him for this. Although the show went well, I had a few difficulties. First when I got ready to play "Redeemer" by Nicole C. Mullen, I clicked on the wrong song, so it took me a few more seconds to find the right song. Second, I tried to play "Show Me Your Glory" by Third Day, but it wouldn't play because I had taken my USB flash drive out of the computer. Third, when I played Shane & Shane, Natalie Grant's song was still playing off of her website. My final error was when I was playing "Easter songs". I meant to play "Can't Take The Pain" by Third Day, but I played the wrong song. I had to stop the song and play another one while I got "Can't Take The Pain" ready. I ended with that song at 7:30 p.m. In other news, I helped organize the music in Studio B. For the past semester and a half, all of the station's music (CD's) have been stacked in the studio all over the floor. I was able to go in for an hour on Thursday and organize some of the music on racks. On the way home from Easter, we had some road problems but I was able to listen to 1 hour of radio on the way home and 4 hours on the way back.
No comments:
Post a Comment