I went into the radio station today at 12:50 p.m. I started out the second half of my show with More Than Fine by Switchfoot. The show was going well and the music was sounding good . I was struggling with transitions and long pauses. As I continue to work at it, the show will sound better. Also, when I talk between songs, I need to know exactly what I'm going to say and make sure I say it. I was excited to highlight 3 new artists, Echoing Angels, Pocket Full of Rocks, and Betsy Walker. The last song I played was Goodbye by Audio Adrenaline and I closed the show at 1:51 p.m.
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Radio Lab: Day # 2
I went into the radio station today at 12:50 p.m. I started out the second half of my show with More Than Fine by Switchfoot. The show was going well and the music was sounding good . I was struggling with transitions and long pauses. As I continue to work at it, the show will sound better. Also, when I talk between songs, I need to know exactly what I'm going to say and make sure I say it. I was excited to highlight 3 new artists, Echoing Angels, Pocket Full of Rocks, and Betsy Walker. The last song I played was Goodbye by Audio Adrenaline and I closed the show at 1:51 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ben!!
I'm so glad to see that you're getting involved with the radio station. I hope you're having fun; ironing out those kinks in presentation is a formidable challenge, but it can be done, so keep up the good work!
I actually emailed the student GM at the beginning of the semester because I found the Fortress Facebook Group on your page one day. It sounds like there is a great opportunity at your station with some new, locally-generated shows being able to air. Plus, it sounds like you have a good number of CDs/Resources to use, especially if you're getting Echoing Angels and Pocket Full of Rocks in the studio. Unfortunately, since our college station has mainly an indie rock format, we can't pull in new Christian rock stuff at a good rate unless we buy it with money from our budget, so my show is basically my collection supplemented with some CDs the station has acquired through the years.
I'll add this blog to my favorites and hopefully check in frequently. Even though our station doesn't have a fully functional worldwide stream, you might still be able to catch my show... just give me a buzz and I'll hook you up with links & such.
Take care, and enjoy this fun journey with radio!
God bless,
Todd (aka collegedj86)
Post a Comment