
Yesterday I got into the radio station at 1:00 p.m and spent roughly a half an hour getting my music set up. I started the show at exactly 1:38 with Made To Love by Toby Mac which is #1 on the Billboard Hot Christian Music Chart this week. I also played The Fray, Casting Pearls, and Hillsong. All of these were artist's that I had never played on The Fortress. Also, half way through the show my friend Matt Bedwin shared the weather with us and a sports report on Bass fishing championships. A little more into the show my mentee/friend Chris Jones shared some news with us. It was nice to have them on the show to make it a little more interesting. I finished the first half of the show @ 2:35 and started the second half the next day at 7:27 p.m. During the second half of the show I played some new music from Everyday Sunday, and decided to showcase a different summer Christian music festival on the rest of my shows. This show I showcased the Ichthus Music Festival held in Wilmore, KY. The whole show was going great until the very end when I tried to play an Everyday Sunday song and it didn't play the first time. I also downloaded a new song to play and it started playing in the middle of another song. Besides those few errors, the rest of the show went great. I am really enjoying the radio station and am learning a lot.
1 comment:
Hey man,
Sounds like a lot of good things are happening for you. You're spinning a lot of great tunes it sounds like. Casting Pearls is a band I've only heard a bit of, but I like what I hear. Everyday Sunday's new stuff is performing pretty solidly on the charts too. And "Made to Love" by TobyMac has been #1 on the Radio & Record's Christian CHR chart for 9 weeks!
One day I think it'd be a blast to do a radio show together, though I'm not sure how that would come together... who knows though...
Post a Comment